The rotary potentiometer is a useful and versatile passive mechanical component than can be used both for experimentation or permanent use. As any other potentiometer, it's a 3-pin device than can be easily plugged inside a standard breadboard such as the one we carry in our store. Furthermore this component can also be used on a more permanent installation since you just need to drill a hole that size of the shaft diameter (6 mm) and use the fastening washer provided to mount and fasten it on a panel or a box. The metal shaft has a slot so that you can use a flat head screwdriver to turn it or just add a knob.
The potentiometer is a heavy duty component (10,000 life cycles) but the shaft can still turn very smoothly so you can change resistance gradually. You have a total rotation angle of 300°±5%.
It can be used to create an adjustable voltage divider when using the 3 pins (middle pin being connected to wiper). If only 2 pins are used, it acts as a variable resistor or rheostat. This kind of potentiometer is electronic classroom best friends as it can be used to illustrate some well-known universal electric rules. It can also be used in more professional or permanent use in devices such as volume control, power control or as a joystick.
- 5kΩ, 10kΩ, 20kΩ, 50kΩ or 100kΩ potentiometer (according to option), linear taper
- rated power: 0.25W
- total rotation angle: 300°±5%
- 10,000 life cycles
- 16 mm body
- static stop strength: 90 oz-in
- rotational torque: 0.5 to 1.25 oz-in
- shaft length: 15 mm
- shaft diameter: 6 mm
- base diameter: 16.3 mm
- whole length: 24 mm
- 1x rotary pot
- 1x fastening nut with washer
Rotary Potentiometer 5kΩ, 10kΩ, 20kΩ, 50kΩ or 100kΩ
- Rotary Potentiometer Breadboard friendly that can also be used mounted on a panel. We have a large selection of resistance available: 5kΩ, 10kΩ, 20kΩ, 50kΩ or 100kΩ.
- Availability: 305 (Canada)
- $ US0.95 USD 250.00 Left For Free Shipping
- 5 or more $ US0.90
- 10 or more $ US0.85
- 25 or more $ US0.80