The Adafruit 16-Channel servo driver let you control 16 free-running PWM outputs using only two pins! You can even chain up 62 breakouts to control up to 992 PWM outputs.
It's an i2c-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock. It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages) 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs - that's a lot of servos or LEDs.
- adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
- 12-bit resolution for each output - for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate
- configurable push-pull or open-drain output
- output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
- reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
- 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can plug in 16 servos at once
- a spot to place a big capacitor on the V+ line (in case you need it)
- 220 ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
- 1x breakout board fully assembled
- 4x 3x4 male straight header
- 1x 1x6 male straight header
- 1x 2-pin terminal block
|Dimensions L x W x H||62.5 mm x 25.4 mm x 3 mm|
Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver I2C Interface
- Adafruit Industries
- The Adafruit 16-Channel servo driver let you control 16 free-running PWM outputs using only two pins!
- Availability: 5 (Canada)
- $ US14.95 $ US12.95 USD 200.00 Left For Free Shipping